1. When you enjoy the comfort of frequent shopping online, it's essential to keep changing the passwords you use for each account. Every few weeks or so, make up a whole new password to your bank as well as the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for that strongest passwords.
2. If you shop frequently at a certain website or online store, it could be worth it to sign up for their email updates which normally have special deals and sales. This can lead to savings for you as you may get yourself a discount in the item as well as free shipping, which can add up to bigger savings if you pick from the site often.
3. Get engaged in the social media of your own favorite online stores. Brands with big online presences typically put plenty of cash behind their social media, and this includes offering their followers some mega-discounts and exclusive deals. You may be one of the lucky ones scoring these handles just a quick follow or fanning.
4. Be careful when it comes to the online stores that you consider buying from. If the online store is poorly designed, full of misspellings, and overall fishy, you should take your money elsewhere. These are signs that something might not be right about this store. It's better to be safe than sorry.
5. If you think that you will be making a lot of online purchases down the road, consider trying to get a separate bank card to use simply for these transactions. It is much easier to track all transactions if they are the only items listed on this card's transaction records. Additionally, you don't need to worry about your own funds being compromised, even temporarily, if you are a victim of fraud.