1. When you are making any purchases on the web and you are required to produce a user account, never use the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not make use of e-mail or banking password to make your account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If a person was able to see this password, they might have access to not only your profile on the retailer's store.
2. Shop around when you shop online. You might find that prices for certain items can vary greatly from store to store. To be sure you get the best deal, look at various stores to learn their prices, as well as shipping charge. This will allow you to get the best deal it is possible to.
3. For those who have questions while shopping, search for a live chat function in the online store. Many big brands (and even some boutique stores) now have this functionality. You are able to chat immediately with a customer care representative to correct any issues or answer any questions before buying. That can provide you with a lot of peace of mind.
4. If you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is absolutely no website that really needs this number for you to make a purchase. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you are probably on a scam website. Leave this site and discover one that has a better reputation.
5. Be careful which sites you patronize. It is difficult to find out which are in the up and up and which can be not, but there are a few clues. If the address does not make sense or the design seems off, go to a different site. Furthermore, if a bunch of pop-up windows begin appearing, close them out and move on.